Saturday, May 23, 2009

My First Movie Screenplay

Take the first step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first essential is that you begin. Once the battle is startled, all that is within and without you will come to your assistance.
Robert Collier
Since medical school I have taken many writing classes to help me to write. My house is full of books form Amazon.com and other bookstores on how to write. I have taken writing classes on line from Gotham in New York and from other sources. I have written poems and a short story. However nothing really appealed to me more than writing for the big screen.

The journey started last August when I bought a lot of screenplay books and started reading. I started writing my first screenplay about 2 months ago. I decided to write a 30 minutes screenplay. I bought "The Final Draft" to help me write. However, I did not like it because I could only load it on one computer. I accidentally stumbled on Celtx , a free movie writing software on line. It was God sent. It worked seamlessly and I could write anywhere provided I had access to a computer and the Internet.

I have finished my second draft. I am still working on polishing it. The setting is in Ghana and hence I am looking for producers in Ghana or Nigeria to take a look at my maiden script to see whether it cuts the muster. I am really excited. I am planning the outline for my second screenplay. Wish me luck.

No comments: