The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Every invention we see around us was once someone's dream. The inventors did not only dream. They acted on their dreams. Sometimes they failed many times before they persisted and achieved their dreams. How many times have we not walked away from our dreams because of some of the following reasons:
- Lack of self confidence.
- Lack of knowledge of how to achieve your dreams
- Listening to your friends and family members who may speak negatively about your dreams
- Lack of will power.
The ability to stick with your dreams is what makes for success or failure. However it is not easy to build castles as it takes lots of planning, preparation, long sleepless nights and resources to bring the project to fruition. However, a farmer cannot sow seeds without preparing the land and adapt it to what he wants to grow. Hence nobody builds castles without preparations and resources. People who have achieved what they set out to do have some of these characteristics:
- They are open minded and have the thirst to learn new things.
- They are team players because they do not think they have all the answers. They surround themselves with smart people and are ready to listen and learn from them.
- They are not afraid to fail. After all what would be the worst scenario if they fail? They would move on to their next project.
- They have self confidence and the courage to stick with a project till it is completed.
- They have an inner compass that drives them to succeed.
Hence if you have any dreams to build castles, get off your procrastination citadel and start laying the "foundation" for them. For, if you don't you may one day find the castles in your neighbors backyard.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
George Bernard Shaw.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau.