- H. Jackson Brown
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
- Walter Elliott
You cannot go through life without having disappointments and setbacks. Your success and happiness in life depend on how you sail through these vicissitudes and idiosyncrasies in your life. People who succeed in life have some of the following characteristics:
- They view setbacks as a challenge, a game to beat, an opportunity, or a way to learn something new, rather than barriers in the way of their goals.
- They view negative events in their life as less stressful and remain motivated.
- They move forward from difficult situations sooner.
- They learn form their mistake.
- They are more flexible with their plans in life.
John Quincy Adams
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
President Calvin Coolidge