"Opportunity follows struggle. It follows effort. It follows hard work. It doesn't come before."
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas A. Edison.
Many people aspire to do more than what they are doing now. They, for example, may want to be able to loose weight, learn new hobbies, have more education so they can apply for the vacant post in their organization and change certain bad habits they have.
For every need, there is a solution that can be found within your reach. However, you have to have faith in yourself. With faith and tenacity, you will find opportunities in areas you never thought of before. People who manage their opportunities have some of the following qualities:
- They continue learning. Learning new things in their field of work or outside their profession prepares them to be confident and makes it easier for them to seize opportunities when they become available.
- They are open-minded and flexible and are prepared to work in groups for the common good.
- They do not procrastinate. Procrastination stifles self development and decreases productivity at work.
- They have internal locus of control, and hence believe that their actions determine their destiny, instead of some external forces determining their future.
- They take care of every aspect of their life including social connections, physical health, mental health and spiritual life.
"The reason so many people never get anywhere in life is because when opportunity knocks, they are out in the backyard looking for four-leaf clovers"
Walter Percy Chrysler.
"There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there's only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen."
Wayne W. Dyer.